- Professor -1
- Associate Professor - 1
- Asst. Professor - 1
- Tutor - 3
- Housekeeping Staff (sweeper) - 2
- Technicians - 13
Biochemistry is an ever advancing branch of Medicine, which deals with chemical processes within the human body and biochemical alterations during the various diseases. Knowledge of this subject is the key to understand the cellular and molecular events within the human body.
Department of Biochemistry is a basic science department, actively involved in teaching and training of medical students and providing lab services to patientsthrough clinical Biochemistry.
Department of Biochemsitry is equipped with fully air conditioned lecture theatre, demonstration rooms, clinical lab, library and well equipped research laboratory.
The clinical biochemistry lab in Central Laboratory is fully equipped with fully automated clinical chemistry analyzers, electrolyte analyzers, HbA1C analyzer, fully automated chemiluminescence immuno analyser, fully automated electrophoresis and is working round the clock to cater to the diagnostic needs of the hospital.
1. Erythrocyte glutathione peroxidase levels in hyperthyroidism – effect of treatment with methimazole.-IJCBR 2017;4(1):64-67
2. Establishing reference intervals for Lipid profile in healthy adult population of Ambalappuzha north grama panchayath,Alappuzha,Kerala- IJSR 2021
3. Prevalence of SARS-C0v – 2 infection among health care workers of a hybrid tertiary COVID – 19 hospital in Kerala, India- NJLM 2022
4. Lipid accumulation product as a marker of cardiovascular disease risk among women with polycystic ovarian syndrome – a hospital based case control study. –Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2021 March, Vol 15(3):BC11-BC15