- Professor -1
- Associate Professor - 1
- Assistant. Professor - 1
- Tutor - 2
- Housekeeping Staff (sweeper) - 2
The Pharmacology department offers teaching and training of undergraduate students in Pharmacology.
The department houses an experimental lab, pharmacy lab, clinical pharmacology lab, departmental library and a well equipped animal house. The department also convenes the pharmacovigilance committee of the institution
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
1. Syam S, Palappallil DS, Munjely EJ. Reliability and validity of short answer questions in Pharmacology. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2019; 8:1019-23.
2. S Syam, Palappallil DS, LK Veeedu, HS KN, Athira MD. Assimilating and reproducing concepts after pharmacology lecture -a questionnaire-based study. Asian J of Pharm and Clin Res. 2020;13(10), 122 - 125.
3. Neethu TT, Syam S, Beena V, Dhanya SP. The effect of anticonvulsant drugs on serum thyroid-stimulating hormone. Asian J of Pharm and Clin Res. 2021;14(5):144-46.
4. Chooriyil N, Jom D, Panattil P, S Syam. Protamine induced hypotension and pulmonary arterial hypertension. J Pharmacol Pharmacother 2021; 12:23-5.
5. Reeja R, Geetha N. Acute toxicity profile of ABVD and COPP regimens in patients with Hodgkin lymphoma. National journal of basic medical sciences 2012; 2(3):268-73
6. Dawnji SR, Reeja R, Rakesh Praveen Raj MR. Toxicity profile of thal-dex regime in patients with multiple myeloma. Int J Basic Clin Pharmacol 2017; 6:1073-7
7. Reeja R, Ramani PT, Dawnji SR, Raj MRPR. Cytoprotective role of Vitamin E on the toxicity of ABVD (doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine) and COPP (cyclophosphamide, vincristine, procarbazine, and prednisone) chemotherapeutic regimes – An experimental animal study in albino rats. Natl J Physiol Pharm Pharmacol 2020;10(12):1128-1137.
8. Reeja R, JS Beena, Ajithkrishnan S A, NAIR R B. Adverse drug reactions in pediatric patients in a tertiary care hospital in Kollam. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2021;14(4):113-5
9. Prabha MP S, S Prabhakaran S. Assessment of knowledge, attitude, and practice about package inserts among medical undergraduate students: a cross-sectional questionnaire-based study. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2021 Mar;14(3):112-5.